Lecturer Faculty Biography
- B.F.A., VCU
- M.F.A., UC Berkeley
Decoloniality, Indigenous Medicine, LATAM Art History, Anahuac & Tolteca knowledge, LATAM Cinema, Spirituality, Hip Hop, Critical Race Theory, Critical Ethnic Studies, Interdisciplinary Art, Intersectionality, Labor in the Arts, Feminist Studies, Queer Studies & Institutional Critique.
- LTNS 222: Latina/o Art History
- LTNS 225: Survey of Latina/o Visual Images
- 2021 Selected as Faculty Coordinator for Creative Citizen's 2021-22 programs, CCA, Oakland, CA. (Funds utilized to curate a series of events and texts titled Fluid Mutualism)
- 2020 Creative Citizen Microgrant Recipient, CCA, Oakland, CA. ($1,000 to curate a series of talks titled "The Circle: Autonomy Beyond the Nation-State" with Las Nietas de Nonó, Dioganhdih Hall, La Loba Loca & Yosimar Reyes)
- 2018 Selected musician for White Label Series , Joyful Noise, Bloomington, IN.(Production & distribution of 500 vinyls for 2nd studio album, Caldo de Hueso)
- 2018 Women’s Audio Mission Album Grant , Women’s Audio Mission, San Francisco, CA.($2,000 for production of 2nd studio album, Caldo de Hueso)
- 2017 Beloved Community Fund , Akonadi Foundation, Oakland, CA. ($5,000 for production of event, Sudada)
- 2017 NALAC Grant to teach for 67 Sueños youth through Youth Speaks, Oakland/San Francisco, CA. ($5,000 for teaching project, $1,000 for culminating book project)
- 2016 Oakland Fund for Children and Youth Grant to teach “Queeriosity” through Youth Speaks,Oakland, CA. ($2,000 for teaching queer youth for culminated performance “Queeriosity”).
- 2020 Artist in Residence at Bay Area clay studio, Merritt Ceramics, Oakland, California
- 2020 Zoo Labs Music Entrepreneurship Accelerator, Zoo Labs, Oakland, California
- 2017-2018 Music Residency, Women’s Audio Mission, San Francisco, California
- 2016-2015 Poet Mentor, Youth Speaks, Oakland, California (9 months)
- 2015-2014 Latinx Teaching Artist Fellowship, Root Division, San Francisco, California (9 months)
- 2014 El Residencial, Patio Taller, Carolina, Puerto Rico (2 weeks)
- 2012-2011 Artist in Residence, VCUQ and Qatar Foundation, Doha, Qatar (9 months)
- CTRL+SHFT Collective (2020)
- Aguas Migrantes Founder (2015-2019)
- Mitote (2018)
Since 2007, Prof V has performed, exhibited, collaborated & taught in unceded Indigenous lands currently called Puerto Rico, China, Cuba, Spain, Qatar, U.A.E., Ghana, Peru, Mexico, Sweden, Canada and the U.S.